1. The Community Center & Library - there you'll find events at a reasonable price and often times, free, for kids 18 months to 100+. The Wake County Library system is easy to use and navigate, and the community center features live music and drama to crafts and other great activities. The people are WONDERFUL, too!
2. The Saturday morning Farmers Market near City Hall very often they has local entertainment in addition to the regulars who sell local produce, fresh caught seafood, farm fresh eggs, home made candles, honey & more. The people are so friendly & very, very local. Many of the vendors live in Holly Springs & Fuquay-Varina themselves. This farmer's market run from May to October - every Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon.
3. My Way Tavern in Holly Springs has some of the best food around! It's pub food with a gourmet twist. It often has live music, local sports on TV, a great outdoor seating area most of the year & a nice selection of local beers (if that's your thing).
4. Bass Lake Park - first of all there are short walking trails, nature everywhere, it's peaceful, boats are available for rent as well as the clubhouse is offered for receptions and parties with an absolutely fantastic view. You can even fish there! The first Friday of the month they hold a kids night with music and crafts & they do a great job making it friendly for most aged kids.
5. The Parks & Recreation department in Holly Springs is WONDERFUL. They offer so much for kids at a reasonable price compared to the local private activities offered.
6. HONORABLE MENTION -- COMING SOON! This is a rapidly growing area, so Holly Springs is constantly getting new amenities and stores. Coming soon is a bowling alley, movie theater and a Coastal Plain Baseball League team - The Holly Springs Salamanders - and a brand new baseball park.
According to the Town of Holly Springs website:
** Holly Springs Second Safest City in N.C.
Holly Springs ranked second on the 50 Safest Cities in N.C. list compiled by SafeWise. The home security business's report used 2012 violent and property crimes reported to the FBI and based chance of occurrence per 1,000 population.
Holly Springs Ranks Seventh Most Affordable Town in N.C.
The real estate research blog Movoto ranked Holly Springs seventh in affordability among 83 towns in N.C. with a population of at least 10,000.
Holly Springs Ranked #1 Among Best Places in N.C. for Home Ownership
Holly Springs ranked first in NerdWallet's Best Places for Homeownership in North Carolina list. Factors considered in forming the list included home availability and affordability, as well as area growth.